top of page


Question Mark
  • What Class of CMV License do I need?
    There are several types of commercial motor vehicle licenses that people can obtain in order to legally operate different types of commercial vehicles. Here are a few examples: Commercial Driver's License (CDL): A CDL is required to operate large commercial vehicles such as tractor-trailers, buses, and trucks that weigh over a certain weight limit. CDLs have different classes, such as Class A, B, and C, depending on the size and type of vehicle being operated. Chauffeur License: Some states offer a chauffeur license, which allows individuals to operate passenger vehicles like limousines or taxis for commercial purposes. Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME): This endorsement is required for drivers who transport hazardous materials in certain quantities. It involves passing a written test and a security threat assessment by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Passenger Endorsement: This endorsement is needed for drivers operating vehicles designed to transport passengers, such as buses or vans used for public or private transportation services. School Bus Endorsement: This endorsement is required for drivers who operate school buses. It typically involves additional training and testing related to the safe transportation of students. It is important to note that commercial motor vehicle license requirements can vary between different countries and states. Therefore, it is advisable to check with the local transportation authority or department of motor vehicles to obtain specific and up-to-date information regarding the commercial motor vehicle licenses available in a particular jurisdiction.
  • What Programs are offered?
    At CDL Xpress we offer Class A and B CMV Training that will help prepare you for the Indiana State CDL Exam. We offer a 3 Week (120 Hour) Course and a 4 Week (160 Hour) Course. If you already have a local job where you will be driving a CMV when you achieve your license, then a 3 week course may be for you. If you are thinking of going Regional, Long Haul and OTR (Over-the-Road) or joining a Mega-Carrier, then a 4 week course might be right for you. Most large carriers sometimes require you to graduate with a 160 hour certificate. Haz-Mat Endorsement Theory is also offered virtually through us as an additional separate fee. Feel free to call and speak with the Admissions Rep to see what works for you.
  • What class schedules do we offer?
    >> We offer a full-time course that is from 8AM to 5PM Monday thru Friday for 4 weeks (160Hours) >> We offer another full-time course that is also from 8AM to 5PM Monday thru Friday for 3 weeks (120Hours) >> We also offer a part-time course that is either from 8AM to Noon or 1PM to 5PM Monday thru Friday for 8 weeks. (Upon Availability)
  • Do I need to have a permit before I start Class?
    Class A CDL: No, but you should at least study for and pass the General Knowledge exam. If you pass Air Brakes and Combination prior to school, that would help you get your CDL permit faster after you start school. A DOT Physical is also necessary to obtain your permit once you pass all 3 exams. This Physical will be administered to you within your first week of class and is included in the cost of tuition. Class B CDL: Yes. A Permit is required.
  • How often does CDL Xpress start classes?
    We generally start a class every Monday.
  • What is required for me to bring to school on the first day of class?
    After you have been cleared to come to school and have a start date, you will come to the Classroom Area located at 2330 Enterprise Park Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46218. We begin at 8AM. On your first day of class, you will need to bring your Driver's License and Social Security Card. If you do not have a Social Security Card you may bring a birth certificate or passport. If you already have obtained your CDL A or B Permit you will need to bring the permit and your FULL DOT Physical Long Form. You may also want to bring a pen and notebook as well for taking notes.
bottom of page